Hey Everyone,Wow! This summer has just flown by. I can't believe that fall is around the corner, and then the Holidays will be here!
So, it has been a while. I have just become sooo extremely tired and lazy at night. Instead of being productive, I have decided to stay on the couch and watch the mindless TV that is on during the summer. Not really proud of that. The baby should be here anytime. In fact, I have been contracting on and off for about a month now. Most days are pretty normal with a few contractions here and there. Others are filled with contractions every few minutes. This has happened in my other two pregnancies so you think that I would have been prepared for it this time. The truth is, I wasn't. While having mild to moderate contractions for a month before I deliver is normal for me, it is not normal for everyone. I was thinking that this time I was going to only have contractions when I go into true labor.Yeah right! Well, it ends up that my body loves to torture itself and cause mindless
contractions that never kick into labor. I think that my cervix is physically challenged because with all these contractions you would think the I would be ready to have this baby. My cervix ,however, is only at about 2cm dilated. ARRRRG. I am always wondering if this is the day and will these things kick into high gear? I think I am driving my family nuts. Whenever they call I tell them I am contracting and they are all making bets on how many hours it will take to kick into labor and it never does.
There have been some amazing blessings because of these contractions. One is, I can't clean the house. Devin was there when the Dr. told me! Poor guy,his face just dropped knowing that the months ahead were full of the jobs that "Meghan" does.I think that is a pretty good trade off, some annoying contractions instead of the constantly annoying jobs that need to be done around that house. Now, in all reality, I still am cleaning or doing the little jobs. My amazing husband has been SUPERMAN!! He even went as far and to mop our floor on his hands and knees because he knows that I think that mopping the other way is
just pushing dirt around! ( I am neurotic, I know, but if you haven't tried it you will see a huge difference!) I think I will keep him.. forever and ever. He even told me he noticed a huge difference in the floor after he cleaned it vs. me! Hey, he has now shown me he can do it, I think he is in trouble after I am back to my "normal" self.
The other is, I have been off work in fear that little Lucy would have been here at 32 weeks. So, for the last m
onth I have been at home with my girls. Now,being home with two kids is m
ore work than teaching twenty kids at Pinetree. But, all in all , it has been so much fun spending time with them. Shannon is learning to read, and is in love with books. She is earning stickers for each book she reads so that Dad can take her to Disneyland! :) Her love for princess dresses is still there,but the Barbie world is starting to take over. She loves all the Barbie movies, which are made with computer animation and all the characters look a little bit scary. Shannon does not mind a bit and while she watches she dresses all her real Barbies up and dances them around to the music. I pulled her from school, to start again in Jan. I thought that this would be the last few months where she can truly be home with mom before her school career truly begins. I can't believe that she will be in Kindergarten next year. Time flies.
contractions that never kick into labor. I think that my cervix is physically challenged because with all these contractions you would think the I would be ready to have this baby. My cervix ,however, is only at about 2cm dilated. ARRRRG. I am always wondering if this is the day and will these things kick into high gear? I think I am driving my family nuts. Whenever they call I tell them I am contracting and they are all making bets on how many hours it will take to kick into labor and it never does.There have been some amazing blessings because of these contractions. One is, I can't clean the house. Devin was there when the Dr. told me! Poor guy,his face just dropped knowing that the months ahead were full of the jobs that "Meghan" does.I think that is a pretty good trade off, some annoying contractions instead of the constantly annoying jobs that need to be done around that house. Now, in all reality, I still am cleaning or doing the little jobs. My amazing husband has been SUPERMAN!! He even went as far and to mop our floor on his hands and knees because he knows that I think that mopping the other way is
just pushing dirt around! ( I am neurotic, I know, but if you haven't tried it you will see a huge difference!) I think I will keep him.. forever and ever. He even told me he noticed a huge difference in the floor after he cleaned it vs. me! Hey, he has now shown me he can do it, I think he is in trouble after I am back to my "normal" self.The other is, I have been off work in fear that little Lucy would have been here at 32 weeks. So, for the last m
onth I have been at home with my girls. Now,being home with two kids is m
ore work than teaching twenty kids at Pinetree. But, all in all , it has been so much fun spending time with them. Shannon is learning to read, and is in love with books. She is earning stickers for each book she reads so that Dad can take her to Disneyland! :) Her love for princess dresses is still there,but the Barbie world is starting to take over. She loves all the Barbie movies, which are made with computer animation and all the characters look a little bit scary. Shannon does not mind a bit and while she watches she dresses all her real Barbies up and dances them around to the music. I pulled her from school, to start again in Jan. I thought that this would be the last few months where she can truly be home with mom before her school career truly begins. I can't believe that she will be in Kindergarten next year. Time flies.Kate is talking up a storm, and is finally starting to listen. She has been keeping me on my toes these past few weeks but, has also kept me laughing. She loves the outdoors and playing around with all of the neighborhood kids. She too,loves Barbies,but also loves her dinosaurs. It is so funny how opposite she is of Shannon. Kate is such an athlete already and a tomboy in the making! She keeps surprising me with her no fear attitude and her climbing abilities! Just a few weeks ago I took the liberty to go to the bathroom (with the door open because if I close it, somehow it magically gets opened by my children.. so I gave up the idea of privacy.) Kate decided that she wanted to touch the chandelier we have hanging over the dinning room table. So, she took the liberty to climb up on top of the table and start jumping up and down to grab it! I thought I was going to have a heart attach! Shannon, Kate's other mother, was yelling "GET DOWN" and Kate was yelling back "NO NO!" As soon as I grabbed her off the table, she looks at me with h
er little smile and said.."I wotch you mom!" ( I love you!) She already knows that a little manipulation gets you everywhere! So, on the days where Kate has kept her two feet on the floor I have had very mild contractions, on the others I have had some pretty good ones! :)
er little smile and said.."I wotch you mom!" ( I love you!) She already knows that a little manipulation gets you everywhere! So, on the days where Kate has kept her two feet on the floor I have had very mild contractions, on the others I have had some pretty good ones! :) We are anxiously awaiting little Lucy. It will be sometime in the next few weeks. I will keep you all posted! Mean while, I will be dreaming of a full night sleep in a bed somewhere in Hawaii where the thought of a contraction never enters my head!
xoxoxo
Meg


No comments:
Post a Comment