Thursday, June 19, 2008

Feeling HOT!!!

Hey Everyone,

Well the summer is officially here! It was 107 degrees outside today and it was pretty miserable. I don't know about you, but I get so claustrophobic being inside all day.Especially by the end of the day. Don't get me wrong,I think who ever invented the air conditioning is a saint, I just hate not being able to open the doors because it is a million degrees outside.

I felt so bad for the girls today , because their car seats get soo hot this time of year. The buckles are made of metal and plastic which can become really hot no matter what you do. I even run my car for a while before getting in in hopes that they will cool off. You would think they would have some amazing heat resistant material that would not get so hot. I have even put an icepack on them to cool them off before the girls get in. They hate getting in them this time of year, just and much as I hate the fact I can't have a margarita right now!

So, this week has been filled with early morning trips to the park and the beach! Kate is doing the best she can to keep up with Shannon. I think she has reached her milestones so much faster than Shannon did. She is counting to ten already,well it may be a in "Katy Speak" but if you listen carefully you can make it out! :) She is playing with big kids, and going down the slide all by herself. I think she is growing up so much faster. It is probably because I was such a control freak with Shannon that I kept her from doing things when she was ready. I think that I still am. The first child is so hard, I am experiencing everything in childhood again but this time on the other side. It is hard to decide what you feel about certain things. Shannon is just starting to make "real" friends, and wants to go over to their house and play.(Here is a picture of some of her friends from school, at their dance performance!) She has been invited many times, but I have always made sure that we were busy those days. Being the crazy mom that I am, I am all freaked out about letting her go, without interrogating the parents. I almost want to ask, "Can mom come too???". When do you let your kids just go and play? I will get there, it just may take me longer than most. Poor Shannon, will just have to stick with me until then. Thankfully I do have a lot of friends with kids, so she doesn't feel deprived! ( Or at least that is what I am going to keep telling myself! )

Speaking of waiting to teach Shannon something.....I am so proud of my little Shannon today, she finally learned how to swim. She has been on the brink for the past month, but today she actually was able to make it from one side of the pool to the next. Now, my pool is tiny so that is not much, but for Shannon it was like she swam a mile! :) She was so proud of herself, as she should be. It made me laugh though, because I just signed her up for private swim lessons. Guess when they start? Tomorrow! It figures, there goes all that money. Although, thinking about it, they will teach her things that I can't and I am sure will make her a better swimmer. We always do things backwards, but somehow everything turns out for the best. She probably could have learned last year, but I read somewhere that 4 years old was the best age to learn. So, I used that as my excuse while she floated away and I sat and enjoyed Kate's infancy! If things go as they are Kate will be swimming next summer at 2 1/2 ! :)

Well, school is out! YEY!!! I am really looking forward to this summer. I really want to do some special things with the girls before this next little one comes. So far, we have visited a different ice cream shop each day! I mean, you would never know how many ice cream places there are until you make it a point to go to a different one each day. I have to say hands down Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch takes the gold medal! :) There is nothing better, and nothing cheaper! If you haven't tried it yet, please get some! It is worth every penny ( or should I say dollar) of gas you are paying to get there! So with all the sweets, I am starting to feel and look really pregnant. As for names, I am still really pulling for Molly and Dev is still searching for something that makes him happy!

I hope that you are all enjoying your summer, if you live by the beach I am sure that I will be seeing you soon. Hope all is well!
xoxoxo
Meg

No comments:

Google