Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Surprise It's A.......

Hi Everyone,

Ok so...drum roll....... it's another GIRL!!!!!!!! Part of me is super excited, I don't need to buy anything new. (Except for all of the new items that both my girls have had that are now considered toxic. I might as well throw away all the bottles and toys away that I have accumulated over the years!ARRGG) Devin, is such a trooper and put on his super happy face,but deep down I know he was really hoping for some more testosterone around here. If I could guess the sex of our fish, I would assume it's a girl too! Poor thing he is surrounded by women. Everyone is talking about #4, but I know that if I were to get pregnant again it would be another girl too!
I am sure that God is giving my payback for all the mouthy teenage moments I had as a kid. You know they say you get things back three fold..well in my case it is true! I will have a 17, 14, and 13 year old teenagers to bless me with their drama, tears, moodiness, and oh yes boy friends! With girls you worry about all boys and with boys you worry about one! Thank goodness I have a lot of time before those years come, but let me tell you that I might as well have margaritas , Zanax and whatever new amazing drug they come up with on hand at all times in case that I need it to keep me from going off the deep end!

It will be interesting to see the personality of the next one. I am really excited to see who she will be like. Shannon is my princess and bookworm while Kate is my athlete and go getter. The two of my girls are so different, it will be really fun to see what new things this little one will bring to the table. I think that is the most exciting part of it all! Having a baby comes with so many unknowns, that is why for me it is ok to find out the sex. ( And the fact that I am type A (control freak! ) and can't stand that someone else knows what I am having and I don't!!) The biggest unknown right now is the baby's name. Devin has decided that with this one he really wants a say and we haven't agreed upon anything yet. Although, as a woman I think my vote should count twice because I am the one who is doing all the work around here being the whole baby maker and all! My favorite is Molly, but Dev refuses because it is the #1 dog name. ( I guess it is true, we know three dogs names Molly.) So, right now anything is game. I am just praying that it jumps out at me some way or another , with this one names are tough. It is so permanent, I don't want to mess it up. I will keep you posted!

As always, the last few weeks have been very eventful! We have been to Disneyland, AGAIN, to auntie Gina's ( We had a blast with little Nolan!) and to San Diego for Auntie Jenna's birthday! I love San Diego and wish that we could afford to move. Shannon loves playing with her cousins and Kate is right there with her! Ok, so on our trip I am ashamed to admit that we discovered Guitar Hero. The only video game that I have ever loved was Zelda and that was on Nintendo when I was like ten. Since then, I have never really liked them much. Well, I must say that with this game I am now converted. It maybe the music lover in me or the fact that I can recall music lyrics better than my kids names at times but, this game has me hooked!:) I have never really understood video game addictions until now. It sounds so lame, but when you are playing the game, you can't help but want to get to the next level. I told Devin we could never buy this game because I could see it now..me playing endlessly in front of the TV pretending to be a rock star, the house a mess, both girls filthy and crying, and Devin just shaking his head wondering why he married me! In all seriousness,it is such a fun game and worth trying! We are going there again this weekend to see the side of our family who has boys, and hopefully squeeze in a few games here and there! :)

I hope that you all have a great long weekend!
xoxoxoxo
Meg

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

Congratulations Meghan! I grew up in a family of four girls, and we did just fine. My mom made it, and my dad survived all the women. It helped that we had a male dog, Inc Spot, who he could hang out in the backyard with, drinking beer and listening to Giants games on the radio. You will have fun, and in 20-something years when they all begin to like each other, you'll have three wonderful friends.

Google