I am wearing my cozies that consist of the pants I got at Old Navy pre-children. They have some how managed three pregnancies, the usual ten pounds that go up and down each year and always seem to fit perfectly! I should praise the man who invented this supersonic elastic. Did I mention they have obnoxiously large presents in bright neon colors on them? I think they are supposed to be worn only during the holidays?? Oh, well ..I have never been a fashionista... why start now??:) I am wearing a cute shirt ,but I think the pants have ruined any hope of a public appearance. I really wanted to shower today, but did not find the time. Make-up has become somewhat of a luxury for me. I have found that sunglasses and lip gloss, makes me look half way decent for the park dates that I set up for my kids! I am wearing my UGGs because what else would go perfectly with my pants??I think I probably look like most moms would after having three kids in the morning, the problem is it is 6:00 at night and I still look like this! :)
I often times blink two times in hopes that the genie powers with in me would transform me into the pretty person somewhere underneath it all! Nope! I tried clicking my heals three times and wiggling my nose back and forth ! Nothing seems to work. Oh well, poor Devin. At least he claims that he still loves me! :) Lord knows only someone who truly loves me could be around me right now without saying "Have you looked in the mirror today?"
I think the problem lies with time. Such a weird thing, time. My days at home with the girls seem to take FOREVER but then it is hard for me to believe that Shannon is ALREADY five. How can life go by fast and slow at the same time?? I think only in my world this is a reality, but is seems so true. My days are long and weeks are short..doesn't make much sense,but it is how life seems to happen here .
Lucy is already six and a half months. She is sitting on her own for a few seconds. She g
iggles at friendly faces and overall is the easiet child on the planet! In fact, she is hanging out next to me while I am typing chewing away on a toy in total baby bliss. So, I am happy to say Devin and I have decided that our family is complete. Unless God blesses us with an unexpected miracle we are officially done. We decided to end on a high note, much like Sex and the City and Seinfeld. Lucy is our easiest infant by far! If I have anything to say about it she will remain my easiest child too! No more baby Freeman's..I will enjoy everyone elses'!:) (Whew! There is some freedom in finally admitting it! )Kate is at the best age and constantly cracks Devin and I up. She is talking up a storm but doesn't get all the words pronounced correctly. Most of the time she is loud and clear but, sometimes I am the only one who understands her! She has this cute figurine that
we cart around everywhere who is Dopey from Snow White. (Soooo like Kate to love the dwarfs and not the princess! ) Her "P" sound is not quite developed so it comes out like a "K" sound and it sounds like she is saying"Dokey". Where is my Dokey? Mom, I need my Dokey? Any FBI agent listening to our conversations ( You know they do!! :)) would have no clue what we are talking about and would totally wonder why I am wasting my time searching for Dokey when I am already late as I head out the door. What they don't know is that the grocery store would become a living nightmare if Dokey is not found. I have found that toy everywhere. I should invent the favorite toy clapper..it would save me hours of time. Two year olds have no sense of organization and this toy has ended up in the weirdest places. Last time I found it in my make-up bag. Which makes me wonder...what was she in too! ARRG
I registered Shannon for Kindergarten!! I can't believe she is starting school in the fall. She is totally ready socially and educationally. She will LOVE school, but it will be hard for me. I have really enjoyed her home and I am going to miss her not with me. I am throwing her out there with all those crazy kids five days a week. I can't just keep her home because I want to anymore. She HAS to get up every morning and go! Which means I have to get up too...ARRG. Didn't I already do my time??Oh..... and I have to get dressed. Shannon would be mortified if "the pants" were ever let out of the house. Well, I guess the neon present pants only have a little longer to live. I may have to go shopping to get some cute cozies that can go beyond the front door..but when will I find the time??
xoxoxo
Meg


No comments:
Post a Comment