(That is great arms because you hold children all day long, decent calfs from bending down to pick up children,toys, poop you name it! This leads to a bad back from holding said children, an expanding stomach because you eat the mac and cheese the kids don't, along with the hot dogs, chicken nuggets and the french fries. Who can not notice the cellulite filled buttocks because the ice cream and wine are hard to resist after a long day with three children under six , and lastly the sagging cleavage from feeding three children. The list goes on and on! )
Maybe I need to re-adjust my idea of walking. I think I need to do more than the three steps it takes me to get Lucy out of whatever predicament she has gotten into, or the five steps it takes to pull Kate down from whatever height she has climbed to that day.
Anyway, walking has been a theme this last month here at the Freeman house hold. The
most exciting news is that my little Lucy has taken her first few steps. I can't believe that I no longer have a baby anymore. I officially can call her a toddler......... sob.:( I am actually excited about her getting off the floor.It seems that no matter how clean I get it, she still ends up with dirty pants by the end of the day. It is amazing how babies are able to find the one space you were too lazy to mop that day. Like behind the TV!! I should have known the one time I didn't scrub behind it, she would get back there and enjoy all of the dust bunnies that seem to accumulate there in a matter of days.
Shannon walked her way into Kindergarten! I am so proud of her. She LOVES it as we thought that she would. She was very nervous the first day, and as soon as she met her amazing teacher that was it! She was hooked! Thank god for her amazing memory. She reminds me what papers she needs, when picture day is,the rules about dropping her off, and how hard she is trying to get super bee again! ( Super germ(y) Bee is my term for the stuffed animal that comes home if you are kind and caring at school.) She is so responsible already, she constantly amazes me. Shannon is truly a kindred spirit and I am honored to be her mother.
Kate is walking out of toddler hood and entering into the world of "little girl". She is
loving the freedom of dressing herself and is totally content with her undies on wrong, an inside out shirt and backward shorts. She also LOVES her dresses. There are a few that are worn the minute I get them out of the dryer. She calls them her "beauTIful" dresses! :) She is totally potty trained during the day, and almost there at night. I am so proud of her. It has been fun having some quality time with her while Shannon is at school and the baby is napping. She has the most amazing imagination, and one of the best hearts I know. She pretends to be this little toughie,but she is so soft and sweet on the inside.Devin and I will be walking into his UCLA appointment here in a few weeks. It is amazing how fast 6 months goes by and to think that he has been dealing with with for 2.5 years. WOW!! Time has gone so quickly. This is just a routine check-up. His scan will be in the next 6 weeks, lets hope we walk out of there with no worries. He is doing really well, and LOVES his job right now. I am so proud of him. He is true fighter and survivor. I am so lucky!
Well ,believe it or not, this year I am going to walk on behalf of my brother-in-law. Even though this milestone of walking more than 5 steps is nothing like the other members in my family, it is huge for me. I will be doing the PKD walk in San Diego next month. Liam, my brother in-law, has PKD (Polycystic Kidn
ey Disease) which is what lead to his fathers early departure from us. This disease is one of the most common life threatening diseases, ultimately leading to kidney failure. Now, you all know me really well. I am not a walker. I am much better at just sitting, like I am doing right now! :) My sister and Liam have done so much for me and my family especially through Devin's diagnosis. When they asked me to help them, I knew I has to get off my a@@ and could not just write a check! :) So, I am doing it for my sister. My best friend in the whole world, who wants to save her husband from any pain by finding a cure! I am doing it for Liam, because when he turns 95 and we are drinking Chimay together I want to know I helped him get there! I am doing this for my husband. There is not a walk specifically for Ocular Melanoma,that I know of, so in spirit this is for him. I am doing it for my kids, because I need to show them how wonderful it feels to give back to the ones you love. I am doing it for me, because I am so out of shape and my cellulite infested buttocks will thank me. My goal is to raise as much as I can for this cause! I know these are hard times, but if you can help me walk for a cure it would be greatly appreciated! Please go to this web address for details and more info about PKD!https://www.pkdcure.org/ittakesavillage
What a great month! So many milestones and so many more to come. I will keep you posted as to how much we have raised. Here is to you Liam! We love you!
Hope you are all happy and healthy!
xoxo
Meg


No comments:
Post a Comment