#10) I am thankful we raised over $6,000 dollars for the PKD foundation because of m
any of your generous donations! :) I was also thankful for the wonderful 24 hour stomach flu that hit our family that weekend which did not let me walk. My sister wore my shirt for me and had to walk on my behalf. On that day I was thankful that my washing machine didn't die because a 1 year old and 2 year old make no plans when it comes to vomit. Every blanket in my house had to be washed twice.( This was our pumpkin entry this year, one of Devin's creative moments! Thought it fit this post! ) :)
any of your generous donations! :) I was also thankful for the wonderful 24 hour stomach flu that hit our family that weekend which did not let me walk. My sister wore my shirt for me and had to walk on my behalf. On that day I was thankful that my washing machine didn't die because a 1 year old and 2 year old make no plans when it comes to vomit. Every blanket in my house had to be washed twice.( This was our pumpkin entry this year, one of Devin's creative moments! Thought it fit this post! ) :)#9) My little Lu turned one!Funny though, as soon as Lucy turned one she learned how to scream. This is not a nice dainty scream that c
omes and goes in seconds. It is a long agonizing piercing scream that seems to last for hours when she gets going. One bonus to the screaming is that I always know where she is in my tiny house. If she really gets going, you can get kicking along with it. I also will thank all of my friends and family who ignore this scream while I am talking on the phone with you. I am praying it is a phase or I will need to be thankful for earplugs.:)
omes and goes in seconds. It is a long agonizing piercing scream that seems to last for hours when she gets going. One bonus to the screaming is that I always know where she is in my tiny house. If she really gets going, you can get kicking along with it. I also will thank all of my friends and family who ignore this scream while I am talking on the phone with you. I am praying it is a phase or I will need to be thankful for earplugs.:)#8) I am thankful for Halloween! I love getting the kids dressed up in costumes, which
I have to make homemade. This is because I am a crazy neurotic person. I spend hours making their costumes in hopes that my kids will like it better than the ten dollar Walmart costume. ( Is it bad that my costumes are at the bottom of the princess pile, while Barbie Mermaidia is worn everyday??Oh well. ) This year I used the Wizard of Oz theme. Shannon was Glinda, Kate was Dorothy ( Nana made this one! ) and Lucy was the Scarecrow. We had a blast in San Diego with the whole family. It was so fun to be with all the cousins! The girls had a blast and Kate ate almost all of her candy that night! :) #7) I am thankful that Shannon received her first award at school. She was so cute and so surprised! She received it for her writing. She also just received her first report card. My little Shannon makes me so proud! :) She did great and her teacher had so many nice things to say about what an amazing citizen she is. She has the best little heart and amazes me with how big she is getting each day. Now, if only I could get her to clean up her room!!
#6) I am thankful for the daylight. I am not really adjusting well to the time change. When it is only 5:00 and I have three kids inside this little house full of energy keeping them entertained is rough. Some days I give in and let them watch TV( Oh yeah I am thankful for TV too!) and others I make them entertain themselves and turn it off. The only problem with that is that as my kids amazing imaginations run wild, my house pays the price. They are so cute about building towers, playing with barbies, or using every pillow in the house as a bridge to save them from hot lava. They have no problem with making the mess, now cleaning up is another story. This is the time of night when I am tired and my kids re tired too. Being the neurotic mother I am, I can't have a messy house before they go to bed. I also know that if I don't have them help the toys will drive me nuts and I will clean it all up myself and they won't learn a thing. So, I try to make clean-up fun with song and dance, incentives or bribes, and if we get through with out all three crying I call it a good night! :) So, I am thankful for the sun and look forward to the days when my kids can play outside until 8:00.
#5) I am thankful for Swiper the Fox( the evil fox on Dora the Explorer who takes things and hide them) because he is planning on coming soon to get rid of the millions of un-used toys to make room for Santa. The best part is, the girls truly believe that he is the one that takes the toys when the are missing. Shhhh don't tell them!
#4) I am thankful for my oven that, when I am motivated, bakes the best biscotti and cookies that I have ever tasted. I know I am biased, but if you could smell my house right now you would agree!
#3) I am thankful for dreams! So, I have found the house of my dreams. I literally drool at it when I see the picture. I feel like the little girl on Miracle on 34th street. In my heart it it already mine. It is yellow with the porch and views that go on for miles. I can imagine holidays there, my kids having room to roam, Devin having space for all of his military paraphernalia, and my family and friends enjoying a nice guest room with a comfortable bed instead of a pull-out couch in the living room . The only problem is that it is 1.5 million dollars. Just a tiny little drawback for the teacher and the sheriff who don't get paid nearly enough for the hard work we do. So, a dream it will stay. I do believe that dreams can come true and will wish upon that star every night until it happens! ( Any ideas on how to make 1.5 million dollars, legally, honestly and without exploiting myself are welcomed! Any 1.5 million dollar donations are greatly appreciated! ;)
#2) I am thankful for my girls! Everyday they keep me on my toes and are truly the most magnificent gift I have ever received. I may gripe and moan about our daily trivial trials and may get frustrated at times but, they are amazing. They make me whole and are my reason. I love them with all of my heart and hope to be the best mom I can so that they can one day have children of their own and feel this way in their heart. There is nothing like it. I am so blessed.
#1) I am thankful for my Devin. He has his scan this week and I know he is anxious. He will pull through with shining colors like always. I am thankful he puts up with me and all of my crazy meg "isms". He is the best husband I could ever ask for, and I love him with all that I am!
Whew! Got a little sappy at the end there; What happened? I am sure this empty glass of wine had something to do with it! ;)
In this season of thanks I want to make sure I thank all of you,
my friends and family ,
who read this blog to keep up to date on our lives.
Thank you for all of your love and support.
I hope you are all happy and healthy,
Meg xoxoxo






No comments:
Post a Comment