Friday, March 26, 2010

Coffee..Coffee... Coffee

Ok so today was one of those days where I wanted to scream,"CALGON TAKE ME AWAY". It is not that anything REALLY bad happened today, but nothing went REALLY well either.


To start I woke up totally tired today, I was in the middle of a dream where I was going to get a secret told to me (forget what about...but I do remember it was important!) But, just when my sister was going to tell it to me.... I woke-up! I was so frustrated, and even tried to close my eyes hoping to finish it. This beginning is probably why today ended up being such a frustrating day.

The girls were WILD today and my little crazy lady Lucy couldn't help but be into everything today. She put toys in the toilet; climbed on the top bunk of her sister's bed, dumped out the dog water bowl all before I could finish my first cup of coffee. Yes, today was a multiple cup day! AHH......coffee, just the cure for my morning grumpies. But today, its magical powers seemed to lack.

I had many goals today. Like doing laundry, but the load that was in the dryer still waits to be folded and the huge pile outside is begging to be cleaned. I was able to get Kate's cozy blanket clean. This is ONLY because when she does not have access to the blanket at all times, Kate chaos can happen at any moment. This could be anywhere from a little whimpering to a complete temper tantrum. So, it is only when the blanket completely smells, has stains, and becomes too unbearable for me to sit next to does it ever venture toward the washing machine. Kate, my little toughie, is completely attached to her "Cozy Blank" as she now calls it. It is one of those fleece blankets that you tie together. She has become attached to one of the strings on the blanket especially, and must have that string in her hands before she would ever fall asleep. It helps her in all times of need, like when Shannon takes a toy away or when Lucy is tearing down one of her princess creations. She gets upset and runs to her "Cozy Blank" where she finds endless comfort. At this rate she is going to keep this blanket near and dear until there is nothing of it left.

My other goal today was to get the dishes emptied from the dishwasher. But, instead of putting them away, I lazily decided to use the clean ones in it and then after they were dirty placed them in the sink. I also decided to break a few plates today which of course shattered into a million pieces all over the kitchen. So I was screaming at my kids to stay-out...which for some reason causes them to do the exact opposite. (Maybe, I should have yelled clean-up your toys and they would have run in the other direction:)) Lucy decided she didn't want to sit in her highchair and found humor in standing right when I was not looking. I think it took me about an hour to finally clean it all up, which included sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming all while scrambling to keep the kids away long enough to get all the pieces off the floor. Ugg...I think I may leave the dishes until tomorrow. I need coffee just thinking about the pile that needs to be cleaned.

I also wanted to do my hair today and put make-up on. Instead, I cleaned up my dog’s diarrhea because my little Sunny decided to get into something that her stomach didn't agree with. I am actually surprised she has not had it sooner. My little Sun-bun LOVES food. She has learned to sit right underneath Lucy's highchair because there are really good odds that she will throw her plate on the floor at some point in the meal. She tries to get snacks from the kids and has even mastered the craft of taking it out of their hands before they know it. I am trying to teach her the correct behavior, but on top of teaching my children how to be model citizens, I sometimes use the easy way out and lock her outside to enjoy the sunshine. I wish that I could do that to myself sometimes. I would not mind being locked in the backyard with fresh food and water just so I could bask in the sun and take a nap! That sounds like heaven! :) (Oh yeah, I took Sunny to the vet today where she pooped all over my car...poor thing is sick but should be ok in a few days...cleaning up the poop was just what I needed today!)

Today, I also wanted to get all my paperwork in for our re-finance that has taken over a year! Yep, you read right...a whole year!! That is a whole different entry. Maybe,  one day I will bore you with the Bank of America Saga. So, we are finally nearing the end of our loan process. (They have said this for months) All they needed from me was a copy of our trust faxed to them. No problem right?? Well, I have an ancient fax machine because I find it more comforting to buy a new pair of jeans than a new fax machine. I mean, it IS a very practical choice. I wear jeans everyday and I only fax a handful of times a year. Makes sense to me! Well, this ancient fax machine only lets me input one page at a time. My trust is 20+ pages. I was trying to enter the pages one page at a time, while Shannon and Kate were fighting over a bouncy ball that they just threw and knocked over my favorite picture. Lucy was sitting right behind me in the chair screaming at me because I wouldn't let her press the buttons on the fax machine. So, I finally get all the pages in and  press send. First it was busy, then the number was disconnected so I came to the conclusion that the fax number was wrong. So, I call get the new one and my ever so amazing fax machine erases its memory. So, I have to insert all twenty pages again. UGGGGGGG...this happens one more time before I give up. My kids were killing each other and poor Sunny was trying to find a path through the Barbies and all the toys from the toy chest to get outside. Needless to say, I did not fax it today. Hey, we have waited for them to get their act together for a whole year. I think it is only fair that they  wait for me for a few days!

So, today was a frustrating day but in order for me to sleep soundly tonight I need to find some positives. I read with Shannon today. I love that she is picking up books around her and finding pleasure in reading. Pinkalicious is her favorite right now. Kate and I watched shows together and snuggled. I loved carrying her like a princess for her nap today. Lucy and I played tag.  I think this was  only time she didn’t hear “no” or “stop-that” today. I cooked meals, cleaned up toys, and had kids take showers. I apologized to the girls for my grumpy mood, and short temper. I even got them all to bed. Right now, I am enjoying my quiet time and having a much deserved beer. I am watching mindless television and finally updating my blog so today is not a total failure in terms of my goals.

I am hoping that the magic returns in my cup of coffee tomorrow. It’s days like this that humble me, and remind me to be thankful for all that I have. Otherwise, you may see me drinking my coffee in the looney bin!

Hope you are all healthy and happy!
Xoxo
Meg

P.S. It is 11:00 at night and my neighbor just came over to check on me because I left my keys in the door and the car trunk open!!! UGGGG..is today over yet????

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Meggie.....tomorrow is just around the corner....love you much, Mel

Kelly said...

Oh Meg, your words made me smile so much because I had an identical day today; only I have 2 instead of 3!!! I am SO comforted by your replay of the day, I don't know how you do it! I hope tmw is better...for both of us. Otherwise, I'm turning to kahlua in my coffee! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You really put a smile on my face. Love you all Mickey and Janetpoxer

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog, it is like having a conversation with you:) I was laughing when you said that Pinkalicious is Shannons favorite right now, Nolan loves that book too! Has she discovered Purplicious yet? Love you! -G

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Meg. Hope you had a better day on your birthday. Love you! Mike

Google