It feels like yesterday I was getting excited about the holidays coming

and now they have come and gone and a new year is underway! Whew! I feel like someone pushed the fast forward button without letting me know.
Christmas was the best I could remember! I can't decide which is more magical, being the kid who wakes-up Christmas morning truly believing that Santa has delivered on their wishes OR the parent who gets to gaze upon thier child's face when they see the presents for the first time.



This holiday season is one for the books. Lucy is just old enough to get excited about the lights, Kate just realized who Santa is and is in awe of how "magical" he is. Shannon has each of our holiday traditions down, and is in constant anticipation of the next one. I on the other hand love that in December when I am at
witts end after trying to cram in holiday shopping and baking into our already chaotic life, that I am able to pull out the Santa card! I love that all I have to say is, "Santa's watching" and my little "angels"
immediately pick-up
their toys, stop arguing, or
actually go to bed! :)
I miss that card.......it doesn't work much once the toys are already here! The naughty corner is in full swing once again. Even little Lucy has taken it upon herself to sit in the time-out corner where she
automatically starts "fake" crying. I guess by watching her sisters sit there she thinks that you just sit down and cry! That gave me a good laugh; Kate and Shannon were
tickled too!
I am anxiously awaiting to see what 2010 has to offer. There are so many mileston

es that my kids have reached already in the first few weeks! Lucy is talking...not just saying one word here or there but is starting to form sentences. She can tell you she is mad, tired, and has mastered the "
mommmeee" whine..thanks to her older sisters. My favorite new word is ,"
Choke-able" which sounds more like "b
ockable" . We were playing in the big girls room the other day and Lucy comes up to me with a Barbie shoe in her hand and gives it to me and says "
bockable mommy". It took me a few seconds to figure out what she way saying, but when I realized what she said I couldn't help but scoop her up and give her a big kiss. No longer a little baby...such a big girl!
Kate is
officially three! I can't believe it, or ....I can because my independent child is the queen of testing me. She eventually will do what she is told, but not before she looks you in the eye and says," No mom, I do not feel like doing that right now!" The best one is,"I don't thinks so...Mom!!" Part of me wants to scream inside, while another wants to crack-up! Collateral

worked for a while and I was able to just say I was going to put her
blanket up and she would jump to get done what was asked. Now, she says..,"That's
OK take my blanket....or Do you want my princess dress too??" When she offers I usually accept and she is perfectly content without her two favorite things in the world......... for a while. When she realizes she is not getting them back, she finally does what she is told! The best part is she always
apologizes in the same way. She will eventually come up and give me a big hug and say," Sorry mom....sorry for being a stinker!!" She IS my little stinker and I love her to pieces. She may be the reason that I use Natural Instincts #12 every six weeks to
cover the grey she gives me, she is my sparkle. She keeps me on my toes and although she is my little toughie on the outside, she is the sweetest little thing on the in-side!
Shannon is six and half-way through kindergarten. She is growing up so fast and has h

er first crush! She tells me that 11 year old Aaron next door is her "prince charming"!
OIY!! I know that at six I got married in Kindergarten, but being on the other end reminds me of what is ahead of me. Then I think of the ever so cute sign that Devin posted outside our front door just out of my reach. It ever so nicely reminds our neighbors that we don't dial 911. Just in-case they don't get it, there is a wooden
pistol attached to it. At first, I was really upset when this sign was placed on my cute front porch. Now, I think in a few short years, I am going to LOVE this sign and may even go as far as to glue that sign to the front door. It will be a great visual reminder that Devin is a deputy and all those boys who come calling will think twice!! :) Yep..its official I love the sign! Thanks honey! Anyway, Shannon is boy crazy in a cute way! She is so innocent in the whole thing, and told me yesterday that her prince charming is going to come when she is 25! Knowing her, I am sure her wish will come true!
On the topic of wishes, all my girls got one of
their biggest wishes this year. We

decided to add more crazy to our craziness and we got a dog!! Yep, you read me correctly....we got a dog. Not just any dog, but the cutest sweetest, most loving dog
their is. Her name is Sunny and she is part beagle, part basset. I think we won the
doggie lottery with her. She loves the girls and her life here so far. She is three years old and we rescued her. :) I have to say, she is the easiest of all of my kids!
So, here is to a year full of wishes come true.
I hope you are all happy and healthy!
Love,
Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment