Friday, January 18, 2008

Clothes Swap 2008


Hi Everyone,
This is my very first post on my new Blog!! All of you know that it I never stop talking so here I am using my spare time to continue talking to you all! This writers strike has really helped fire-up my creativity gene!:) I always have ideas running though my head and now I have a place to jot them all down.. and share them with the whole two of you who will actually read this . But, the fantasy that one day more than five people will read this blog will keep me going!!

OK, so here is the first of my ideas that I would like to throw out there. I wanted to create a place for all of us to swap clothes. I was thinking this because I really need to buy some new clothes ( and get rid of a ton) for Shannon and Kate and have about one cent to my name until payday. I think that it would be fun to empty out our closets and get together and swap our kids clothes. It is a very easy to do and not to mention you would be able to cross off doing something for the environment,and donating on your New Years Resolution list. ( Getting new-to-you clothes for the kids would just be a bonus! ) It would be nice to know that the clothes that I spent good money on are going to some new little girl who will need it, instead of being sold after it was donated. So, let me know if this is something that you would want to do. If so, I will set one up in the next few weeks. Please post a comment to this blog,located at the bottom of the page, if you are interested. Make sure that you send this blog to all the moms that you know, esp the ones who have the best dressed kids! LOL Try to think of moms that have kids older and younger than yours to make this a great swap! When you post your comment please include the gender,clothing sizes you have to donate and the city you are from. If we have a large response, I have been thinking of ways we can share info and do it on-line. If not, we can meet locally at a fun location and swap away!!! If this works for kids clothes, it can work for us moms too right..HMMMMM.


Here it to the first of many ideas!

Margaritas anyone...how about at the swap!
Cheers,
Meg


Oh, as for the title of this blog, there is a great children's book that talks about how it takes a whole village to raise one child. In my life, I have found this to be so true!! ( Can you tell I am a teacher?)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Meg! Yay...a fellow blogger. Let me tell you, blogging gets addicting! I think a clothes swap is a great idea and I'd love to participate. I have girls sizes 18months up to 4T. I'll keep checking your blog for more info!

Anonymous said...

Hello, my wonderful,perfect, daughter-in-law. I don't have any children's clothes to share, but I'd love to be a part of your blog and swap meetings. I love your idea and think it will be a great success.I'll help make the margies.

Google