Ok, so I think that I have the knack for picking the worst day of the year to throw a birthday party. Last year Shannon ended up with a 103 degree fever the morning of her party and we had to cancel. Then, this year we were healthy, but it was a week of torrential rains. We were hoping to have the party at our local park, but the weather told us otherwise. So, we ended up having 45 people in our tiny house, but wait there is a plus side!! Devin cleaned up the garage! Yes you read correctly!My military junkie, tool collecting, gear head of a husband cleaned up his man's den! This was not for me however, it was for his girls! They are already wrapped around his finger. I was so proud ,he actually cleaned the whole thing! He grunted and groaned the whole time, ( with few bad words in tow) and waited until the very last minute to do it,but we were able entertain most of the kids, and adults in it! ( Note: the moment the party was over.. all tools, and other oh so important items were returned to their original position!)
Being that this was the first "official" party that I had thrown for the girls, I wanted it to be special. (AKA A lot of work! ) So, I decided to pretend that I was rich and hired an art company to come out and entertain the kids for two hours. Honestly, that was the best money I ever spent. (Even though, I will be paying it off for the next few months.) The kids were all outside, or rather in our spiffy CLEAN garage, being entertained the whole time! The only time we saw them was when they needed to go the the restroom, or they were needed to stuff their mouths!
Here is small clip of the event! The parents faces were priceless! At, first they were excited for them and then they were wondering how in the world they were going to clean them up! Amazingly enough they cleaned up really well, and each had that oh so great cheap men's aftershave smell.:) In the meantime Kate ate her huge cupcake! She managed to eat almost the whole thing! That's my girl!!:)
All in all, it was so much fun having everyone here. Shannon had all her good friends here. She was smiling from ear to ear. I am thankful there were no major catastrophes, no ER visits and no one getting sick. I think maybe it was a success!! But, I also think that it will be another four years until we have a big party again! They are exhausting, and I am still tired today.
Have a great week!
xoxoxoxo
Meg


No comments:
Post a Comment