Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What a Week!

Hi Everyone!

I don't know about you, but I love this rainy weather!! There is something about having the option to stay inside all day and use the rain as an excuse to leave your PJ's on and let the kids turn your house upside down! This last week has been a little crazy, to say the least. Kate had what her Dr. called a"normal" reaction to her MMR shots. Is it just me or does a 105 degree fever for three days and periods of piercing cries , the ones that break your heart because you are not sure where it hurts, normal? Shannon was textbook when it came to shots,but not my little one. She seems much more sensitive to everything. Anyway, that lead me to do some research on-line about the shot, knowing in my better judgement I shouldn't have. It scared the Bejesus out of me...there are so many really terrible cases of children who had reactions to the shot..of course the word"autism" was brought up a thousand times. So there I was at midnight freaking myself out as I was reading the computer and Katie wakes up with that shrill cry. This time it was worse than the night before, so I took her in the living room to watch baby Einstein,because that show it a true GOD!! I swear I would bow to it if I could! When the brightly colored toys and the ever so beautiful keyboard version of the classics doesn't snap her out of it, I am really concerned. At this point Dev wakes up, I was very impressed because most of the time he snores through these episodes. Well, the TV is off now and I have Kate on the couch screaming away and I start massaging her stomach thinking that maybe her stomach hurt, I think it was the Crohn's in me. Then out of nowhere her leapfrog little station starts going off. The lights and music start playing in the room. This doesn't concern me at first because I am so focused on Kate. Then it goes off again,this time playing a different song, meaning a different part of the toy was activated. Now, this toy has never gone off by itself, it is one you have to push the buttons for it to go off. It was totally across the room, next to the bazillion other toys the lurk in the living room. Dev and I gave each other a weird look, but were still worried about Kate who was just starting to calm down as the music finally stops from the leapfrog. When Kate screams finally subside Dev heads to the restroom. While in there, he hears a sound and realizes in our bathroom
" junk"closet things start falling over. So, at this point Kate is super tired and I put her back to bed. Dev and I climb into bed, both a little weirded out. We decide that his dad must have visited us that night, and have always thought he was the guardian angel to our children. It may sound weird, but we have had "Papa Joey " visits before where candles have moved across tables etc. So we think "Papa Joey" heard Kate crying and was trying to make her feel better. As for the bathroom, you got me there. Maybe he was amazed at how much toothpaste, razors,soap and toilet paper we need. We are regular COSTCO visitors so of course we have a million of everything just in case some day we need 13 toothbrushes, 14 soaps and about 1,000 rolls of toilet paper. Needless to say we are lucky and Kate is finally on the mend and back to being everywhere. I actually miss cuddling with her all day,but there is so much relief in knowing that things are looking up! So there is a week at the Freeman household, divine visitor and all. Here is to a great week to all of you!
xoxoxo
Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Katie is doing better...and guardian angels alwyas help:) I love you and miss you!!!!!

Google