This last week has been so busy,but full of some great events. It truly was a week of surprises for me, not like a big huge surprise,but the small thoughts and actions that touch your heart.
Shannon had her 4 year old check-up this week and I knew that she was due for a few more shots. We got to the Drs and and immediatly ran to the germ infested toys.( Why do they even put those in the Drs office? It is almost as if it is a ploy to ensure sickness! I can see them saying, lets put these really expensive cool toys that no parent could afford and let all the kids play with them. That way we can ensure sickness, which in essence creates job security for them! :) I think I have too much time on my hands!! ) So I gave in thinking ,what is another sickness, we have been healthy a whole one week this year so far so getting something else wouldn't phase me. Any way,we finally got into the office where my four year old carries on a very adult conversation.
Dr: Hi Shannon, how are you?
Shannon: I am great, I am a big four year old now.
Dr: I know, how have you been feeling?
Shannon: I had a cold and cough,but I am feeling much better now.
Dr. Oh good
Shannon: How are your babies? ( She has two daughters)
Dr.:They are good,thanks for asking
Shannon: Your welcome, with a smile
Dr.: Ok, lets get started, can I listen to your lungs?
Shannon: Sure,that would be fine ( I laugh here, she sounded so grown-up. )
Shannon: Sure,that would be fine ( I laugh here, she sounded so grown-up. )
( The check-up continues for a few min. )
Shannon: Hey, is it time for my shots?
Dr: Yes, you will be getting two today. But you can do it!
Shannon: I know, I am a very brave girl. Then she smiles!
Dr: Ok, it was good seeing you Shannon, you look great!
Shannon: Thank you DR, have a good day! (They shake hands, like grown-ups do Shannon said afterward)
A few minutes pass while we wait for the nurse to prepare the shots. I put Shannon on my lap.I think I was more nervous than she was. She played a game of eye spy with me while we waited. Then the nurse came in and Shannon greeted her with a smile. I told her the shots would hurt a little and then feel better. She then proceeded to hold her arm out for the nurse. Very quickly
she gets the first shot, I was waiting for the tears. Then the second shot came and went and I was still waiting for the tears. She looked up at me when the nurse was done, like that was no big deal. She hopped off my lap and said that she was ready to get her stickers! :) I was truly shocked, she didn't even shed one tear. She even thanked the Nurse when we left!Who thanks someone who just gave you a shot! Shannon truly touched my heart that day. She is so strong and amazing, and has a great heart too. I feel like the luckiest mom and I was so proud of her! As the day went on she insisted that we call all of her grandparents and tell them what a brave girl she was and she beemed each time she told it.
Another, great suprise this week was my nephew Connor came up with Mike and Caitlin for the
weekend. He looks so great and is doing so well. He truly is a miracle baby, and by looking at him you would never know how tramatic the first few months of his little life have been. Mike and Caitlin are such great parents and it was such a blast spending time with them and holding baby Connor. He was smiling and cooing and truly was such an angel. It felt good to hold him, and it made me wish we lived closer so I could do it more often. Hey Mike, the house next door is for sale? Start packing!!! :0)
weekend. He looks so great and is doing so well. He truly is a miracle baby, and by looking at him you would never know how tramatic the first few months of his little life have been. Mike and Caitlin are such great parents and it was such a blast spending time with them and holding baby Connor. He was smiling and cooing and truly was such an angel. It felt good to hold him, and it made me wish we lived closer so I could do it more often. Hey Mike, the house next door is for sale? Start packing!!! :0)My last great heartfelt surprise has to do with Devin this week. This week is the anniversary of
his diagnosis.I can't belive it has been a year. He is in such a great place emotionally and actually went to the Drs yesterday with no anxiety, and a positive attitude! I am so proud of him. In the next few weeks we have alot of appointments,but he seems ready to take them all on and is determined not to let it affect him. His strength never stops amazing me! I don't know how I got so lucky to end up with someone like him. He makes me a better person, and continues to make my heart smile each time he conqures another hurdle we face with the cancer. ( Yes,this is both girls and Devin in the Deuce...don't ask!!!!)
So, on this week where we focus on the ones we love, I wish for you all a suprise of the heart. I think they are the very best kind of surprises.
Have a great week!
xoxoxo
Meg


No comments:
Post a Comment