Saturday, February 2, 2008

Thankful

Have you ever had a day where you are just plain thankful for....well,everything. Today was that day for me. I am not sure what sparked it, maybe the fact that I got 7 hours of sleep had something to do with it! ( That is a miracle for the me! Kate is not a sleeper!)

Anyways, I have always been itching to buy a new house , a new car, you know the grass is always greener was starting to take over. But,today for some reason I realized that I never want to leave my cozy little house.( Even though we are quickly out growing it! ) I love the fact that we have great neighbors who have great kids. Shannon loves to play with all the kids on the street.For some lucky reason we live on the street that is so much like "The Wonder Years".. I can almost hear Kevin Arnold narrating as the day goes on! :) Somehow this street warped back into the 50's where kids running around barefoot is the norm. Every tree has its wear and tear from all the climbing. There are bikes a stray and toys well...... everywhere. There are days where the street is full of kids in costume and them playing on the beautiful military truck parked across the street. It would be so hard to find another street like it this,so as of today we will live her forever, or until I wake up another day and am not so thankful!

So, we had two visitors today. First, Nana came over and we took her to lunch, (fancy me just drove through In- N -Out..but YUMMMM!!) and we picnicked at the park. There it hit me how lucky I am, I have a mother-in-law who looks a my kids like I do. She is so much more of a friend the a traditional " in-law." (Are the violins playing yet!! ) We spent the day playing ,or as for Kate eating, the sand and just walking around Central Park. We stopped by the new Dog park and I day dreamed about having a dog that would play with other dogs and not eat them! But it was beautiful today,60 degrees in the middle of winter! So many would kill for that!

Then we came home , nana went off to garden and we took a nap....there is nothing better than a Sat. afternoon nap! (Except for maybe a nap on Sun !!) I actually had both girls down at the same time..talk about thankful! :)
Our next visitors were Auntie Tra and Uncle Adam. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful friend in the world. Tra and I go way back, to elementary school. She is my friend who gets me. She is ok with the two min. phone calls because we don't feel like talking, she is the pizza and ice cream deliverer on a bad day, she spoils my girls just because, she is my wine drinking buddy, and well the greatest friend! It was fun hanging out and talking her poor husbands ear off. Adam finally ended up resorting the watching Rug Rats with Shannon! :) They are thinking about buying the house next door...LOVE IT!!! ( Did I say this was a great street?)


Then my Dev came home. After last year,I am just so thankful to have him here! It is almost a year since his diagnosis and his next scan is only a few weeks away. Things are starting to get a little tense,but we are determined to beat this,and have been successful so far. Ocular Melanoma may be rare, but we are going to beat the odds. In our mind he has no choice. So as this month starts, I am just thankful for all the we have. If you get a chance in this busy life please send a prayer Devin's way this month. Last year those prayers kept us going. I will update you as soon as we know anything. As an almost 30 ( YIKES) year old, I have it so much to be thankful for!

I guess it would be perfect to end this post with thank you to all of our great friends and family!

Have a great week!
xoxoxoxo
Meg

If anyone is interested in Donating to the Jewels Stein Eye Institute on Devin's behalf this month, e-mail me at
mfreeman634@aol.com and I will give you the info. My family has already donated $100 and we are going to match that. We are so lucky to live 45 min from one of the six places in the world that treats his cancer, and because it is so rare there is very little funding for research. So,if you are interested just e-mail me.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a good day Meg. We will definitely keep you in our prayers, I know how tense things can get before an appointment like that.

Anonymous said...

I love you!!!!!

Google