Hi There,
Do you ever have those days where you have the best intentions to get everything on your list done...and then just don't. I didn't even start the list. I was a total slacker when it came to my neglected house today. I have laundry yelling at me outside saying, "You will not have underwear if you don't start me soon!" ( I am down to my last few pairs!) I have a floor that hasn't been cleaned in a week, dust collecting, and then there are the dishes. ARRRG, the never ending pile of dishes. I think that is the most dreaded job for me, with laundry a close second. It just never ends. I can never bask in the glory of a job well d0ne because frankly, it never is. So for today I gave up! I stayed in my pjs until noon, and the girls did too! :)
It was a nice gloomy rainy morning and the only thing that sounded appealing was sitting on my couch with a cup of coffee and watching the Today show. This was a dream of course, because Shannon has taken over all TV control in the morning. Mickey Mouse Club House and Wow! Wow! Wubzee are all that I see. This is totally my fault, if I keep her shows on I get an hour of quiet in the morning to wake-up before the real day begins. I am NOT a morning person and it takes me a while to get my act together. As for my coffee, I have to drink it super quick because it seems that Kate likes coffee more than me! Every time I put it down, she makes a b-line straight for it. So like it or not my day began!
I was just a mom today. We watched a million shows, played card games, laughed, played with play dough and made the house 100% messier than this morning. I broke all the rules today. Shannon and I basked in the glory of the Valentine treats we received and ate a ton of chocolate today! We didn't clean up our messes and didn't leave the house. (Unless walking to the mailbox counts?)
The only productive thing I did do today was make the oh so white trash dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup! (It's my personal favorite! ) While eating my delicious meal we had such a cute family moment! Kate and Shannon have a never ending cold that has gotten worse this last weekend. This cold has created some amazing surprises for us! Here is Kate's tonight. She learned a new word ,"EEEWWWW" as a bonus!
( The video was taken with our cheapo camera so the quality is poor.)
Yep! I am so proud!
So, now the girls are in bed! (YES!!) I have eaten terrible all day and what am I thinking.......DESSERT! I think I
have the desire to add a few more dimples on my already cellulite infested thighs. So, being that I am super lazy I petition Dev to get some for us! I made pudding last night so I thought that it was not that much to ask. He ends up bringing me this!! I almost spit my water out! He took the liberty of making my dessert look like the male genitalia. He added some oreos and whip cream to make the whole sculpture look so realistic!( Why do boys, I mean men, think this is so funny?) He was so proud. So, I am off to enjoy this thoughtful dessert and become a slave to my television! American Idol is on and I have no choice!!
So tomorrow I will start my list, or so I say right now!
Have a great night!
xoxoxoxo
Meg
1 comment:
parent volunteer by day; internet stalker by night. hopefully you won't regret having your blogspot addy on your signature line. i understand the lists... and failure to complete the mission. but the times to stay in jammies all day and eat chocolate are few and far in between. i wish more of those days on me and my friends. --j.
Post a Comment