Friday, March 14, 2008

So Lucky!


Hi Everyone,

Has it really been 2.5 weeks since I have sat down to write.WOW!! Life these past few weeks has been whirl wind. We have had colds, a play, Dev's scan, a new car (Shannon's this time!),camping in the desert,the flu, report cards, parent conferences, a birthday party, family visits, and oh yeah an ear infection and sinus infection. Thinking about it, it sounds like a pretty normal couple of weeks!

So to start with,DEVIN IS DOING GREAT!!! His scans came back clear and there is no sign of the cancer spreading. Yeh! We were at UCLA yesterday and the tumor is shrinking as it should be, but his vision is decreasing. He is a little frustrated with that, as anyone would be. I always tell him you never know what 15 more years of research will do. Maybe, they will have some amazing digital eye or something. He gave me the yeah right look. Just wait honey....I will be right, I know it! So, we are super happy and are stress free.for now. In 6 months we will worry again, but it will be nice to have a few months off! Dev is already planning the summer away with a million military projects. Right now he is excited about being in some military car show.There are supposed to be 11,000 people there. I mean, are there really that many people who are interested in this stuff?I thought Devin was my military freak of nature but , I guess not! :)

A few weeks ago Shannon starred as Wendy from Peter Pan in a play at school. It was so cute and she loved every minute. My little ham was not shy in front of all the parents. In fact,she was the loudest and the most animated. It made my heart smile. I was such a proud mom. Here are a few minutes. The video is poor. (Getting a new video camera is on the list of things we need to get along with about 50 million other things.) It is hard to hear her over the CD, but she was so cute!


At home, we have seen this play a thousand times. She does all the characters for us and then ends with a song! I think I have a little actress in the making.

Another batch of wonderful news is the new baby that will be here with us in Sept. We were thinking that we wanted one more and thought we should start trying. Well, in the past it has taken us between 9-12 months to get pregnant. So, we thought it would be the same with this one. NOT THE CASE!!!! I got pregnant right away,and this little blessing will be here late Sept. Everyone thinks it is going to be a boy,but I am convinced we are destined to have three girls. Which will be great except, when they are all teenagers on their periods and hate me at the same time. I think I am going to have to consume major margaritas, or take a weeks vacation once a month! :) Really though, Dev and I are just excited and hope for a healthy baby. In the future, please remind me how hard it is to be pregnant with little ones at home. I don't think I have ever been so tired in my life.......I even fell asleep during American Idol.....so bad I know.

Even with all the colds we have had this year the luck of the Irish has been on our side! 2008 has started wonderfully and will end with a new addition to our family! Can't ask for much more than that.

We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family that always support us. Wishing you all the luck of the Irish today and everyday!

xoxoxoxo
Meg

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow, lots of good news! Congratulations on the good scan and the new baby! How exciting!

Google