Hey There,
I think this whole being pregnant thing has taken a toll on my energy. I haven't sat down at my computer for more than five minutes recently and that is to just check e-mail. That is so odd for me,usually I find the excuse to sit on my butt and wander aimlessly around the Internet in search for the next new thing I need to have. So sorry for the long delay, I will blame it on my pregnancy, just like I do everything else! This week I have blamed the pregnancy for,my dirty house, losing my keys, the laundry pile, getting another nasty cold, and making more cookies so that I can have at least 10 a day for the next month! I have 6.5 more months to use it as an excuse and I will!!!!
So, these past few weeks have been pretty eventful! I got a new car!! For those of you who know us well you are probably laughing because it seems that I have a new car every year!!I am here to say that well....its not every year.... its every other!! Is that bad? The truth is , we were looking for the right family car. The Durango ate gas, like a college student drinks beer. It was costing us a fortune. The Volvo was the best, but too small for three kids. ( Lord help me....3kids!!!!) SOOO..... This time I didn't get the SUV or the cool car, I finally broke down and got myself a mommy mobile. Yep,the ever so amazing minivan! I actually love it and wish that I would have bought one two cars ago. It is so funny how there is such a stigma about having a minivan. I mean, if it means that you are a mom.........then thats me!!! I swear, it is a million times easier to get the girls in and out. Shannon is really proud of herself! She has figured out how to open and close the sliding doors on her own.( She calls them magical.) Since she weighs nothing, regular car doors were always too heavy for her. Knowing Dev, this car had to have all the bells and whistles. It has the navigation, DVD played, back-up camera, and a whole bunch of other things. The manual is as long as War and Peace, so it will take me a few years of just playing to figure out what everything does, because GOD knows I will never sit down and actually read the manual, I will blame that on the pregnancy too. So, my goal is to keep this car clean for a few weeks! ( I did not say forever, because I know that is never going to happen!) It is amazing how fast kids can make things a mess. For the hours it takes me to clean, it takes them 3.5 seconds to mess it up! Here is to hoping!:)
I also joined the 30 and over club this past week. Yep! I am finally thirty, but still feel like I am 20 .I sometimes can't believe that I have been married almost seven years,teaching almost eight and have almost three kids! :) Looking at it like that makes me feel really old! There are days where I long for those college afternoons in Santa Barbara where I had nothing to do but sit on the beach and drink margaritas! Oh to be in my twenties again...hey now I can say that!!!:) So, I ended up being really sick on my b-day. (For the millionth time this year!!) My mom took me out shopping to buy the much needed new maternity wardrobe, but I pooped out after about and hour and went home to take a nap!! That was the best! That night , my close friends and I got together and went down to Cheesecake Factory. I drove, so they all could drink because that what pregnant friends are for, even if on your b-day! They all celebrated for me, I had sprite, a fever and a runny nose and they had wine and pomegranate mojitos! YUM!We ordered dinner and I got nauseous, again the pregnancy, and didn't eat a thing! Somehow I was able to get down the amazing dessert they stuck in front of me after singing to me. So for dinner I had sprite and chocolate cake!!! YUMM!! Does anyone else hate it when people sing to you? I get totally embarrassed. I need to ask;Do you sing for your own birthday or are you just supposed to sit there? I am never quit sure what to do, so I end up singing to and then stop when they say my name,like an idiot. The best part about the singing is that the cake is afterward, so your reward for being humiliated it chocolate! Not bad!!!
SUPER GOOD SIDE NOTE: As I am writing we just got news from Devins dermotologist that his moles were not cancerous.They had a good chance of leading to skin cancer later, but with them removed he is fine!! WOOHOO!!! They make you wait forever for the results, it has been almost three weeks. I am so glad that he is fine!
Anyhow, we are off camping this week. We are going to Carpenteria , it should be fun and I am hoping for some sunshine! :) I always forget how much I love spring until it is here. It is so beautiful this year, and pretty green for California standards. I am going to enjoy this great weather because it will be 110 degrees before we know it, and I am going to be as large as my minivan! :)
Hope you all are doing well, I am off to eat a cookie...its the pregnancy!
xoxoxox
Meg
P.S. My camera's bettery is dead and the charger is no where...so I will post some pics ASAP!!
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment