Hi Everyone,
Shannon was so excited and couldn't contain her self. She had already begun the "Are we there yet?" speech and we hadn't even left yet. I can remember as a kid that great feeling before a family vacation. It was almost as exciting as Christmas morning. I love the fact that when we are camping I let my guard down and let my kids be kids. They can eat what they want and are not limited to the one junk food a day rule that we have at home. They can stay up late and play in the dark and don't have to take a shower if they don't want too! Kid heaven!
So we got there and our trip started in a traditional Freeman style fashion. Kate trip
ed and chipped her tooth and got a large fat lip and what felt like ten minutes later Shannon fell and skinned both her knees. Those of you who know my Shannon, this is the worst. She is my princess and the first thing she said after falling and between tears is ,"Princesses don't have skinned knees!"I laughed. Kate however, brushed herself off and you would have never known she hurt herself unless her lip didn't look so swollen. I was waiting for the next accident and was praying that we didn't end up in the ER! :)
The weather was amazing and the girls had so much fun! We were at the beach for about 4 hours a day. Thank god we brought this mesh fencing to keep our Kate in.( The teenagers all th
ought we were freaks, and the moms all wished they had one! ) She has no fear and loved the ocean. If I were a kid again I would have been able to stay in that freezing water all day. The girls could have cared less that the water was 55 degrees. I ,however, was done after about three waves. My idea of a good day at the beach is sitting on my butt and reading all the tabloids! I gotta catch-up on Bradgelina and Tom Kat every now and then. Dev was more of a trooper,but keeping our Kate from running head first into the ocean was harder than we thought! By the last day we had it down. Kate had her own little pool be h
ind the fencing with sand toys and treats! Shannon made a million little friends and
was having a blast playing in the waves and building castles.We had such a great time! I was dreading coming home. I actually had time to finish reading a book I started at Christmas and enjoyed walking about a mile every day. Being the teacher I am we had to visit the sea lion rookery. We also explored the tide pools every morning and found some pretty neat shells. We enjoyed being together and just hanging out! As with all good things it went by way too fast and we packed up to go home. I think the thought of unpacking all of the things that I loaded-up was worse than the actual coming home part.
Now back at home things are normal again. Shannon declared that she hates eating healthy. :)Kate has discovered the great outdoors and would much rather spend every minute outside. I only have the energy to chase her around for about 30 min before I run for the door where she is confined! To keep her happy I have put the kids station on and she has learned to love dancing! Here is a typical Freeman dance party!( I recorded this on our regular camera and the quality is terrible, as always!) Dev is too funny!
I have my ultra sound next week and am still debating on finding out the sex of the baby. I can't believe I am 20 weeks on Fri!! We are all healthy and off to Disneyland this weekend.( Where I am sure we will pick-up another flu or cold! ) I can't tell who is more excited the girls or Devin! He loves that place almost as much as I love the beach! I think that I am going to want to vacation there all summer. 110 degree weather and pregnancy don't mix..so if you can't find me this summer you know where I will be. Sitting at the beach behind the mesh fencing, sitting in my chair, drinking a soda, listening to my kids play, and escaping into a good book!
xoxoxoxo
Meg


No comments:
Post a Comment